Theater director, musician, sound design and tech.
MORTEN CRANNER CURRICULUM VITAE
Theatre director, playwright, dramaturg, musician and performer.
EDUCATION Research fellow the Academy of arts, Oslo 2009-2013. Norwegian State Academy of Theatre 1991 - 94. Norwegian State Academy of Music, 1984 - 89.
WORK Frelance theatre director from 1994. Dramaturg at the National Theatre, Oslo 2000-2002. Performer og member of Verdensteatret 1994-99. Performer in Zero Visibility Dance Company 2008-2010 Musician from 1982 and still is, with contemporary music and electronics as main area.
PRODUCTIONS AND PROJECTS. (Some of them).
2016 Stormen/The Tempest by William Shakespeare. Adaption and direction by Morten Cranner.
- Writing on two plays to be staged in 2016/17.
Egils Skallagrimssons Saga Det Norske Teateret, Oslo. Adaption and direction by Morten Cranner.
ALSO: - Writing.
- Miscellaneous projects, pre-prod and planning.
- Actor in the TV-series "Det Tredje Øyet", TV2/Rubicon.
2013/2014 - Radio-documentary "The Homecoming"; Odysseus as war veteran.
- Various lab-projects and workshops The Acoustic Act Project/KHIO.
2009, october: - Receiving a three years research fellowship at theArt Academy of Oslo (KHIO)
with the project "The Acoustic Act".
From that on situated at KHIO till end of 2012.
2008/09 - "It was November." As performer with Zero Visibility corp.
- "The Holberg suite" by Edvard Grieg. Performance with the Norwgian Chamber
Orchestra as performers and musicians. "Winterlight-Festival february 2009.
- "Egil Skallagrimssons Saga". Adaptation, music and directing. Norwegian State Broadcasting, (NRK) Radiodrama.
2008 - "It was November", Zero Visibility/Dansens Hus, Oslo. As performer.. - "Ambra". Carte Blanche/Iceland Dance Company comitioned production forReykjavik Art Festival og Bergen Festival. Music and sounddesign.
2007 - "The Arabian Night", by Roland Schimmelpfennig. The Norwegian state Theatre. Music and sounddesign.
- "Elements of Time", Carte Blanche Dance Company. Live music, soundmaterial and sounddesign.
2006 - Melancholia and Ifigeneia.Video, music, electronics and touring.
- Touring with concerts and performances.
- "Ei Hundenatt", Music and sounddesign til Det Norske Teateret.
- "Free as the Bird". The Ibsen Theatre. Directing and music.
2005 - ”Ifigeneia”. by Finn Iunker. Norwegian State Broadcasting. Directing and music. 2. prize at Prix Italy, Venice.
- ”Melancholia”, based upon novel by Jon Fosse. The National theatre, Oslo. Adaptation, directing, music and performing.
2004 - ”Below the Belt”, by Richar Dresser. the National Theatre. Directing.
- ”Der er du”, radioplay by Jon Fosse. Norwegian State Broadcasting. Directing.
- ”Hertervig” del II. nrk.no/ulyd. directing and music.
2003 - ”Hertervig” part I. Directing and music.
- ”Risk” by Christopher Grøndahl. Directing and music.1. prize Prix Europa, Berlin ”Best Europeean Radiodramaproduction 2003”.
2002 - ”The Son” by Jon Fosse. NRK Radio theater. Directing and music.
- ”WOW” av Morten Cranner. Teater/live electronic prosjekt.
- ”The Son” video and bimedial projekt.
2001 - ”Litle Eyolf”. Norwegian State Broadcasting. Directing and music collaboration with Susanne Lundeng, fiddle.
1999 - ”Sera” Opera by Henrik og Aksel Hellstenius. the Norwegian State Opera/Opera Vest.
- ”The Stranger” by Albert Camus. Rogaland Teater. Adaptation, directing, music and live electronics.